Star of the North - my views

Today on March 30th we were supposed to talk about the book Star of the North by D.B John. However due to the Governor's Stay at Home order (issued through April 7th), we were unable to meet to talk about the book.  

If anyone wants to email me his/her comments at lill@lmelibrary.org, I would be happy to share them on the blog.  Until then, here are some of my comments about the book:

  1. I'm not sure how well the multiple storylines will be received by our group.  Usually members prefer a more linear storyline but I like how the author weaves them all together.
  2. It was very disturbing to gain some insight on how the North Korean leadership controls and manipulates its people and other countries.  I think the author does a great job showing the reader how this happens and why negotiating with their government does not produce the results expected.
  3. I felt that ending was very abrupt and would like to see a sequel.  I saw on Goodreads.com that the author is considering writing one.  I'll keep watching to see if any new title has been announced!

Unfortunately, we will probably not be able to meet for book group in April either.  At this time, we've suspended all library programs indefinitely.  Stay home and be safe!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are visitor: