Best of 2018

Yes, it's that time of year again when all the best books of the year lists come out!

What did I love in 2018?  Well, I started off the year with a great first time author, Sue Halpern.  This book was appealing not only because it took place at a library, but I loved the characters and the small town setting. 


Another favorite was Lost Vintage by Ann Mah.  Everytime I think I'm can't read another World War II novel, a book like this comes out and I'm drawn in again!

Several of my favorite authors released new books that I loved.  After being bitterly disappointed with The Best of Adam Sharp, Graeme Simsion (the author of the Rosie Project) redeemed himself with Two Steps Forward which he wrote with his wife.

Jojo Moyes has never disappointed me and I loved her book, Still Me ,and Naomi Novik's, Spinning Silver, was a fabulous mixture of fairytale and fantasy.

I also discovered a few of new authors including Deanna Raybourn, Chistina Lauren, Rebecca Roanhorse and N.K. Jemisin.

If you're looking for other best of 2018 lists, check these links out:

Library Read's Favorites of 2018

New York Public Library's Best Books of 2018

NY Times announces its "100 Notable Books of 2018"

The Washington Post picks its "Best Books of 2018"

Looking forward to 2019!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You are visitor: